For those who rely on their landline to make and receive calls or access the internet, no dial tone often is a disaster.
If you have no dial tone there are number of things to check first.
- If your phone is cordless, check the batteries. The handset may not be charged or may be low on power.
- Many homes have an extension phone in another area of the house. Check that the extension handset hasn’t been lifted ‘off the hook’ or activated in anyway.
- Are all cables and handset cords plugged in properly?
- Try to get a dial tone on every socket in the house, the problem may just be with the socket you are using.
- If you have many devices plugged into your phone line, unplug them all from the phone system. Now try a corded handset in the main telephone socket and any extensions.
- If you can get a dialling tone with a single corded phone then it’s likely the problem is related to one of the other devices plugged into the phone system.
These are just 6 quick and easy things to check if you have no dial tone. However an array of other problems may be causing the fault.
You could of course get in touch with your telephone company at this point, or for quicker, personal and more local solution you could contact your local telephone engineer at Arantec.
No dial tone problems solved across the North West
No matter who provides your telephone line, from BT to Sky, Talk Talk to Plusnet, Arantec can help. Our highly experienced telephone engineer can be at your location in no time. From Cumbria to North Wales, Lancashire to West Yorkshire trust Arantec Telecoms Systems with all your telephone and broadband needs.
Why wait in a call centre queue, why not simply contact your North West Telephone engineer today.